Tuesday, November 18, 2008

TURN THE PAGE!

Come to our new blog! As part of our literacy campaign, we (Rachel Thompson, Jessice Bonet, and David Tafoya) have created a blog that will host hard copies of all our posters as well as facts about literacy. The purpose of our campaign is to try and econrouagra the average person to read a book instead of read a gossip magazine, watch a television show or go on Facebook. We hope we can persuade people that reading is one of life's simplest and most enjoyable pursuits, worthy of every bit of attention you can spare!

Come to www.turnthepageliteracy.blogspot.com and encourage everyone you know to read!

3 comments:

lindacomo said...

is there anyway u can make the posters bigger? i can't read all the text, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys... awesome website! I love the facts about libraries, more libraries in America than McDonalds!? Who knew? Anyway I think the website is great and really helpful as well. I barely read, I can't tell you the last book I've read and I'm ashamed to admit that. But, with the list of authors that you have provided on the blog, I now know some authors that you guys like, that maybe I will like as well. Again, great job, I hope you keep this site going even once WR121 is over.

Talia said...

Hey guys... great jon with the website! I really like all the facts you have about libraries. More libraries in the U.S. than McDonalds, who knew!? Anyway, again great job, I think the site is really well put together and professional looking. I would have never guessed that it was for a school project. I also really appreciate the list of authors you have. I am ashamed to admit, that I don't read much. I actually can't recall the last book I've read. But, that all can change, now that I know what authors to look for. I'ts great to see what authors you guys like, that I might like as well. I hope you continue this blog and site even after WR121 has finished. Thanks, and again, good job!