Monday, November 17, 2008

THE Kings of Leon

Did anyone go to the Kings of Leon show at the Orpheum on Thursday night?

If you did, then you know it was a great show! I went with my roommate who is a huge fan. I wasn't really that into them but knew some of their songs. The show was absolutely refreshing, in a way, to see a real true rock band. I love being at a show where sometimes the sound of the band is taken over by the crowd singing along. The played a really long set and an on-core, too. It was the best show I went to all week!

If you're intreseted in Kings of Leon here is there myspace page so you can check out some of their songs: http://www.myspace.com/kingsofleon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love The Kings of Leon! I was so mad that I missed their concert. But I agree they do have a really refreshing sound.

Cady Drell said...

I was there! It really was a cool live show because I felt like it had a throwback to the rock bands of the 70s and 80s, who had this flare for the dramatic and the over-the-top. I was introduced to them by my friend my freshman year of high school when "The Bucket" came out as their first single, and I was totally blown away. They have such an authentic southern rock sound and the guy's voice is amazing (even better live). I have to ask though, was anybody bummed out slightly about their latest album? "Sex On Fire" is a really legit single, but I feel like (and this was true live as well) that they abandoned that southern sound for a heavier one and were making me forget the subtle things that made me fall in love with them in the first place.

Does anybody else feel this way or am I crazy?

-Cady

P.S.
Earlier on last week (Sunday night) I saw The Hold Steady, and it was arguably the best live show I've ever seen in my life. If you don't know them already, check them out. Life-changing band, but it takes a bit for them to grow on you.