Thursday, October 23, 2008

art

What I realized is literacy IS absolutely everywhere. In my Introduction to Visual Arts class I just went on a field trip where we gallery hopped on Newbury Street. Art is everywhere and literacy IS a type of art. It's a form of expression and identity. You read to understand the world in which you live in.
On a different note, to answer the Writing Log 3.1, I like group work. I really do. But at the same time, I don't. If I know the people and how they work, then it seems to be an easier, less tedious task. However, as I mentioned in class, I like to do a lot of the work because I feel like I trust myself more than others. But as I also mentioned, I've gotten a lot better with that. I take in all ideas, but I kind of like to be the leader or the secretary so to speak. I write down all ideas, divide up the work, and set deadlines. It's just my way of organization. I think a project like this would be fun because it enables creativity.

1 comment:

lindacomo said...

Adding to what Michelle said, group work is hard when you don't really know how people like to work, and it only gets more frustrating when everyone has a different way of going about the project. Everyone has a different process for how they like to get things done but it's hard when your grade relies on other people and you don't have control over everything.