Monday, October 20, 2008


above is an example of something someone found walking home in the rain. ( The fact that the note is riddled with errors makes it a little less threatening...but then again I'm not Joey)

I stumbled upon foundmagazine.com the other day and I figured you guys might find it interesting. It's sort of like Postsecret, except instead of sending in postcards with secrets, people send in letters and things they find on the floor or wherever. The website has something called "The Find of the Day" where they display new finds daily. The finds usually consist of really weird notes or pictures people dropped or threw out that other people find and send in. I found it interesting that since I'm not the intended audience I don't understand half of what these people are saying, but I still read the notes and laugh at them.

5 comments:

Benjamin_Hicks said...

Hahaha I looked at this site further and it is truly hilarious. There is so much weird shit that everyone finds through letters. I would totally recommend looking at it.

Sam_Schumacher said...

That's a really cool website, I was scrolling through the entries for quite a while before I remembered that I have to get back to work on my essay for tomorrow! eek!

Kat G said...

What is that flyer? So weird. Is it meant as a joke? I'm wondering if the grammatical errors are meant to be there...

lindacomo said...

It doesn't say whether or not it's a flyer for sure but it does look like it was stapled to something. The fact that we don't know if it's a joke is sort of the point I think. The found objects are things people find on the floor so it's up to u to decide what they mean and make up a back story for them.

One of the finds I found amusing was a scrap of paper that said,

"FIVE FREE THINGS IN LIFE:
1.unemployment
2.homelessness
3.starvation
4.loneliness
5.death
THANKS FOR CARING!"

The 'thanks for caring' makes the whole thing. I wonder what called this person to write such a bleak note?

Lance H. said...

This is a great find! Thanks Linda.