Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I could use a little help...

Hi Everyone. I am writing an article for the Beacon, the on campus student run newspaper, about how students are managing to eat a healthy lunch on days when they only have fifteen minutes between classes. I'd love to hear your opinions on this. Is it possible to get a healthy lunch in less than fifteen minutes? What do you do? Do you find yourself less focused if you don't eat lunch? Anything you could contribute may end up in the Beacon so please leave your full name in the post. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Emily Gonzalez

p.s. newspapers and the student voice is a genre. contributing to this would be a great way to put into action everything Kat's been saying in class about how we shouldn't just write and contribute to things in academia; we need to get it out to everyone we can...can't wait to hear the responses!!!!

4 comments:

Kat G said...

What I do when I have a long day on campus (which is almost everyday), is that I try to pack a lunch and a couple little snacks. The problem is sometimes finding a refrigerator, or sometimes I find that I'm not in the mood for what I brought. Also, there are the days when I forget to bring lunch and in those cases I find myself eating less healthy food, like one of those mozzerella paninis from the Emerson Cafe or a quick burger at Remingtons or, the worst of them all, something from the food court. I do think it is a problem that students are running themselves too much and don't have time to sit down and enjoy a mid-day meal.

Riley said...

With only 15 minutes your best bet would be NYP.
Not healthy, I know, but nothing else is as consistent. They get you in and out and on your way.
The Max is a good option if you're looking for something healthy, but here is where time is an issues. I get a salad pretty much every time I go, but it can take up to 15 minutes just to get one made.
Pack an apple.
Something.
That seems to be the best choice.

Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walker said...

I generally put food above school in rankings of importance. I personally made sure to leave a nice, long break between my classes to ensure I have a satisfying and fulfilling lunch. My personal preference is Qdoba, its delicious, it comes in large quantities and you get a card that when registered earns you a free chips and salsa.