Monday, March 30, 2009

A little taste of social action..

Seeing as this course is based on the concept of social action, and getting our classwork into the public sphere, I wanted to share a new opportunity with everyone. 

A few friends and I recently started an online news journal, which is basically a fusion of a newspaper and a literary journal. It's called The Common Voice, and it's a wonderful forum for students to submit their work--be it classwork, creative writing pieces, prose, and any type of artwork.

 Maybe you've seen advertising for this new creative outlet around campus, or on Facebook, and I encourage you to take a look at the website, which was launched this morning at midnight. Let me know what you think (we'd love some feedback), or post it here under this discussion topic. Also, if you'd like more info, seriously ask me, I'd be happy to talk to you about it, and let you know how you can get involved. 
Thanks guys! Enjoy!

Link


ps. We have stickers. If you want one, just ask. I have a whole bunch.

3 comments:

Jeffrey_Rizzi said...

Everyone should check this out it is awesome! My friend Ben wrote one of the poems on the sight and it is really good so you should look at that too. But way to go with this Micaeli! It's so cool that it is actually up and running now :)

Kat G said...

I've heard about this project. We should send our work to it! Anne and I are sooooo proud that our students are involved in this project!!!!!

Kat

Jake Topkis said...

This is something to be proud of.