Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

When I heard about the Wal-Mart employee getting trampled to death I was embarrassed just being from Long Island. At the time of the incident I was actually on the island for Thanksgiving, but I wasn't crazy enough to even attempt to go shopping. I hate the malls in general, but on Black Friday 'soccer moms,' the ones who live in the suburbs and drive gas guzzling SUV's, are expecially cantankerous and ferocious. Long Islander's are crazy, I won't try to deny that, but I can't believe that people continued to shop after contributing to the death of a worker, at that very same store, just minutes prior. It's complete insanity. I can't even begin to imagine how much they had trampled over this guy to make it so he literally stopped breathing.

This is just another reason why I prefer Target.

No comments: