Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dry

Ladies and gentlemen, I am here to recommend my favorite memoir. Dry, written by Augusten Burroughs, follows the author through his time in rehab and his struggles to remain sober afterward. The content is very heavy and moving, but Burroughs' sense of humor is alive and well, which softens the blow. If you are apprehensive about reading this because you haven't read Running with Scissors, don't fret. I still haven't read it. Burroughs is an inspiration for me. Soon after reading this book I was able to tackle a subject I had been struggling to write about for years. If you are a lover of memoir and haven't read this yet, do so as soon as possible.

Check it out here.

1 comment:

RunningonEmpty823 said...

Yeah, Dry is my favorite book. I've never read a book quicker than Dry. It's the right balance of emotion and reality, and deals with two touchy subjects quite eloquently. Augusten Burroughs is a genius with words.