Saturday, December 6, 2008

Meat Opinions

Hi everyone...
I took my research paper and turned it into an opinion piece for the Berkeley Beacon. The comments range from mean attacks on me and my values to statements that I didn't do my research. I think everyone here can understand the many hours of research we all put into our research papers. It was also a challenge to condense the information from a 6 page paper to a less than 3 pages. Anyway that said you can all read and comment on the article if you feel the urge. It is online at:
http://media.www.berkeleybeacon.com/media/storage/paper169/news/2008/12/04/Opinion/Were-Going.To.Eat.Meat.Whether.You.Like.It.Or.Not-3570215.shtml#more

The piece was my opinion. I didn't feel like it attacked any group. Unfortunately Emersonians tend to have one social view. My own attempt at Social Action wasn't always popular I guess.

Emily

1 comment:

jenell_randall said...

wow...they really werent too keen on that opinion huh. die hard vegetarians will rip you to shreds, i suppose, just like any other fanatics that initially try to protect and promote but end up imposing their beliefs on those not asking for a lecture or philosophical beating...